1. This contract is for the hire of a hot tub and accessories as signed for on the receipt documentation (“hot tub equipment”) between Fife Hot Tub Hire, Pitmedden Farm, Auchtermuchty, Fife, KY14 7EG, (“the company”) and the “Hirer”, the signatory of this contract.
2. The hirer must be at least 18 years of age and must be a resident of the property where the hired equipment is to be located unless expressly agreed in writing with the company in advance. Please note that proof of identity and address will be required (photo drivers licence, utility bill or similar.
3. The minimum hire period is four days and the hirer will be required to pay a £50.00 booking deposit which is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled by the hirer for any reason. The balance of the hire fee is due to be paid by cleared funds at least one banking day before the hire commences or by cash on delivery of the hot tub equipment if previously agreed. If full payment is not received as above the delivery will be deferred until payment is received but your hire start and finish dates will remain the same. If payment was agreed to be by cash on delivery but payment is not available to the company staff on arrival, then this will be treated as prevention of delivery in clause 7 below. If the company is unable to provide the hot tub on the agreed date for any reason beyond the company’s control all money paid will be refunded to the hirer unless an alternative delivery date or hire start and/or end date is agreed with the hirer. The hirer will also be required to lodge a £100.00 security bond with the company before delivery and set-up. The bond will be returned to the hirer on collection providing no damage or loss due to misuse, theft or accident has occurred (see clause 4).
4. The hirer is solely responsible for the full costs of any repairs, or replacement with the same or equivalent of any items or parts of the equipment lost or damaged through misuse or accident or theft during the period of hire plus an appropriate administration charge. All items supplied remain the property of Fife Hot Tub Hire, including unused chemicals and documentation, and must be available for collection at the end of the hire period. Please note that although a security bond of £100.00 is required to be lodged with the company as part of the hire terms liability for repair or replacement costs is not limited to this amount.
5. The hirer is solely responsible for ensuring that any user of the hired hot tub equipment is informed of the safety guidelines for the safe use and operation of the hot tub, any water treatment chemicals and any electrical hook-up supplied as part of the equipment. Health warnings regarding any known medical condition or pregnancy must be made known to all users of the hot tub equipment. The hirer must store any chemicals supplied in a dry, frost free area which is secure from access by children.